|MinProj helps accelerate your learning by making clear which parts of its PM Methods you should start with.The MinProj PM Methods sections are coded for their complexity level with Flags and letters, with the following meanings:
A Green flag Starts every race. Similarly, when you see a green flag in the MinProj pages, that means this information is for those who are just starting to use Project Management.
Yellow shows a need for Caution. In MinProj it means that a more experienced Project Manager will benefit from applying the topic.
In racing, the Checkered flag takes an Expert.
When you finish first, you win! In MinProj we give a checkered flag to those topics that winning Project Experts will use. Work with the experts in your organization to master the Checkered flag actions. Then we all win!
|For those who are new to Project Management, or those who have been exposed to generic PM Methods, we offer a Learning curriculum that supports improved Project Manager effectiveness and MinProj’s unique Project Management Method approaches:
- Managers’ MinProj Overview: Doing More With Less is a 1-hour session for Managers. We combine the high points of MinProj with our Successful Project Climate Overview as your key to establishing a Project-Oriented Enterprise that manages projects more effectively, with greater project benefits.
- MinProj Grand Tour, An Orientation to MinProj is a 1-hour self-paced introduction to the MinProj approach, processes, and templates. This is a great starting-point for all who will benefit from MinProj, and is a prerequisite to the other MinProj learning sessions. It is available with the MinProj license.
- A Day In Your Life With MinProj is a hands-on learning experience, with participants using MinProj’s Phase Result and Project Management templates to first develop a High-Level Plan and a Phase Plan, then to progress and track a Case Study project. This session requires a PC lab, and has a limit of 16 participants.
- Basic Project Management is a 1-day learning experience that provides a foundation in the most important Project Management methods for planning and controlling Phases of a MinProj project.
- Project Management Fundamentals is a 2-day learning experience that provides more in-depth use of Phase Planning and Tracking Project Management methods, and provides an exposure to some of MinProj’s High-Level Planning activities.
- And, our ProjectExperts Modular Project Management curriculum has over 18 days of Learning modules that provide more industrial-strength PM content in topics ranging from Advanced Estimating to Risk Management, to Earned Value Tracking.
All our MinProj learning experiences are consistent with our mainstream Project Management curricula, that we have presented to over 45,000 people on five continents for over 25 years.
Our MinProj methods are also consistent (where we do not surpass it) with the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, and with the USA’s PM National Competence Baseline, from IPMA-USA.
Why is this second area of consistency important? Because project success is not just a function of Knowledge possessed, but of Skills applied, Behavioral Attributes adapted, and Competence demonstrated. PM Competence is a MinProj approach!